Includes the following talk:
- Data Interoperability and Integration - A climate modelling perspective.
Data Interoperability and Integration: A climate modelling perspective
Presentation: pdf (11.5 MB).
I was asked to give a talk at a CODATA meeting which was aimed at developing a roadmap for:
- Mobilising community support and advice for discipline-based initiatives to develop online data capacities and services;
- Priorities for work on interdisciplinary data integration and flagship projects;
- Approaches to funding and coordination; and
- Issues of international data governance.
For this talk I was asked to address an example from the WMO research community on what we have accomplished in standardising a range of things, and reflecting on what has worked/failed and why. I wasn’t given much time to prepare, so this is what they got!